HOW CAMPING WITH STRANGERS TRIPS WORK
Having trouble getting a group together, or lacking the right equipment and knowhow? Camping with Strangers makes the outdoors more friendly.
We offer community-based camping experiences that unite those who are passionate about exploring the outdoors, regardless of experience level.
Camping with Strangers provides transportation, gear, meals, and everything else you’ll need to explore our beautiful backcountry, along with training, education, and a truly one-of-a-kind trip.
WHY CAMP WITH STRANGERS
We focus on pushing your limits without straining your bank account. Our communal experiences foster friendships, create unforgettable memories, and provide a priceless introduction to the outdoors so you can start planning adventures of your own.
We offer 3 different outdoor experiences: hiking, canoeing and bicycle tours. Here’s what you can expect from a typical trip with us:
● 2-3 days in length, generally traveling in a loop
● Food, gas, permits and rentals included
● Equipment includes both group gear, rentals & what you have access to
● 2-6 days in length, cycling round-trip, or one-way
● 80-100 km per day
● Accommodations, most meals, and crew vehicle included
● Commitment to group training rides required
● Bikes not provided
● 2-3 days in length, either hiking in a loop, or there & back
● 10-18 km per day
● Meals, gas, permits included
● Equipment includes both group gear & what you have access to
BECOMING A STRANGER
Once you’ve chosen a trip, click “Submit.” You’ll be sent a simple Q&A form asking about your experience level, what gear you have, what gear you’ll need, food restrictions, and a little more about who you are.
Never camped before? Excellent! Are you a seasoned hiker? Tell us about your recent trips! Are you comfortable in groups, or do you take time to warm up? What makes you laugh? What makes you tick? There are no wrong answers.
Our goal is to secure the best possible group dynamic, while bringing together the perfect blend of experienced and non-experienced campers. While we aim to operate on a first come, first serve basis, if you aren’t selected for a trip, we’ll do our best to offer you first right of refusal on another trip of your choosing.